This Friday, Whole Foods Markets will again be having a one-day only sale. This time? It’s fresh Alaskan Coho Salmon which they will be selling for $8.99/lb.
Here’s a little bit more about the quality of the fish:
- Marine Stewardship Council certified fishery
- Hand-selected by two Whole Foods Market port buyers
- Troll-caught (this means they are individually caught by one or two fishermen)
- Shipped directly from Alaska to stores within 24-48 hours of catch
If you need a little inspiration on how to cook this fish? Check out some of the recipes you’ll find at the Whole Foods Market website:
• Almond Crusted Salmon with Caramelized Onions and Basil
• Citrus-Marinated Grilled Salmon with Tabbouleh Salad
• Baked Salmon with Spinach and Strawberry Salsa
• Salmon Ceviche
• Wild Coho Salmon with Sunshine Rice
• Balsamic-Citrus Wild Alaska Salmon
Remember that while you can’t get rainchecks on one-day only sales, in most instances you can call the store ahead of time to have them reserve some for you! For more tips, see my post on tips for saving at Whole Foods Market.
Images courtesy of Whole Foods Market