I’m so excited to have been given the green light to share that we’ll be having a coupon round-up event at Albertsons starting this Wednesday, Jan 30 and running through the following Tuesday, Feb 5th! This information comes to me via Albertsons’ PR team, so you can rest assured it’s not just a rumor.
If this is a new event to you, here’s how it will work:
- Coupons valued at $0.24 or less will be quadrupled in value.
- Coupons valued $0.25 – $0.99 will be rounded up to $1.
- Coupons valued at $1 or more will be redeemed at face value.
- This round-up offer applies to manufacturer coupons, not store coupons.
- Coupons cannot produce overage under this promotion.
A few tips and thoughts from my experience in shopping this sale…
- There are no limits to how many you can use. The coupon “round up” portion will happen automatically at checkout. You do not have to present any sort of store flyer or coupon or do a secret handshake. You’ll see the added amount happen at checkout. That being said….
- Please abide by individual coupons’ fine print. If a coupon reads “limit 4 like coupons,” honor that. I don’t want to hear about some couponer filling up his/her cart with individual Bounty paper towels and a stack of identical P&G coupons because we all know those clearly limit you to 4.
- Take a second look at those General Mills & P&G coupons. Both General Mills (think Pillsbury, Yoplait, etc.) and P&G (think Tide, Dawn, Ivory) frequently put out low value coupons – perfect for an event such as this!
Remember – there is a Twice the Value Coupon event in progress through Tuesday (make sure to check out that post – lots of cheapies & freebies going on)! While you’re there shopping, this would be a great opportunity to scout out a few ideas. Just make sure to note any prices or sales you find may change. If you look in the bottom right hand corner of the sale tags, you should find a “good thru” date. I’ll also be sharing some additional ideas with you as part of the Tuesday ad I put out. So, stay tuned!