I used to get all in a wad if I didn’t shop the sale the first day. Over time, I’ve learned that sometimes there are bigger fish to fry than being first to a sale on canned refried beans. However, having eaten our last can of refried beans last night at dinner, I decided I best get down to Albertsons and hope they had stock!
Yesterday I posted one stinkin’ hot Albertsons ad, made even more fun with a little coupon round-up action. Here’s how I fared:
First off, I have to give a huge shout out to the Milton Albertsons store. The stock was fantastic! With the exception of Dawn, I found everything I came for and there was plenty of everything left on the shelves. They even had a couple HUGE boxes of the Bounty towels sitting on the floor of the aisle. AWESOME.
Here’s a breakdown of my trip:
(4) Bailey’s Creamers $1.50 – $1/1 insert coupon = $0.50 each
(1) 32 oz Oikos Yogurt = on clearance for $0.99!! (I’m going to use it for make-ahead smoothies as it is close to expire)
(3) DiGiorno Pizzas $5 - B2G1 coupon = $3.33 each
(2) Lil’ Smokies – $2.49 in-store coupon stacked with (2) $0.55/1 insert coupons that both rounded up to $1= $1.49 each
(4) Pace Salsa $1.49 after promo – $0.60/2 insert coupons that both rounded up to $1= $0.99 each
(3) Rosarita Beans $0.99 after promo – $0.50/3 insert coupon that rounded up to $1 = $0.67 each
(3) Taco Bell Beans $0.49 each after promo
(2) Bounty Basic Paper Towels $1 – $0.25/1 insert coupon (from 12/30 P&G that expires TODAY) rounded up to $1 = FREE
(1) Seattle’s Best Coffee $5.99 – $2 mailer coupon = $3.99
Total Shelf Cost: $91.54
Total Savings: $63.18 (69%)
Total Out of Pocket: $28.36
There were lots of refried beans, but not a ton of any one kind, which is why I mixed and matched it up a bit. I also want to point out a correction on the DiGiorno offer I posted yesterday. I misread the ad. I thought it said get 2 Coca-Cola 2 liters free when you buy 2 pizzas, but in the store I realized it’s save $2 instantly when you buy all four items. The 2 liters were priced at $1.89 each, so I passed on adding the pop in. (And also because they were out of Coke Zero.)
All in all, I’m pleased with this trip! To be clear, I have already done my main grocery shopping and planned meals for the week, so I very much saw this as a stock-up trip. I’ll probably cook up the pizzas for Superbowl and the creamer is good through April and should last us a good while! I also think at $1.49 the Lil’ smokies are a fantastic deal. These are normally $4 or more.
If you are planning a trip, definitely stop by my Albertsons Weekly List first! Also, I’d love to hear what you’re finding! Please share!