Amazon Back to School shopping season is underway! Up through Labor Day, we’ll be providing you an updated post of the very best deals. Watch for the updated list to post to the blog each Tuesday. Items in RED meet or beat our 2016 Stock-Up Price as listed here.
Besides this roundup, make sure to keep an eye on the Best Back to School Prices comparison chart for the best deals available in-store!
Last Updated: August 23rd, 2016
Amazon Back to School Shopping Tips
Before I launch into the current deals, I’d like to provide you with some tips for shopping for school supplies at Amazon:
- No need to rush. It’s true that Amazon’s prices can change quickly and without notice, but we’ll see deals pop up from now until school starts.
- Watch for Clothes, Shoes, etc. Obviously Amazon has lots of different items available, so check their selection of clothing, shoes, household goods, snacks, etc. as well as school supplies.
- Check school supply lists. Teachers now have the option of posting their school lists on Amazon; check to see if your teacher has posted his/her list here.
- Deals can go quickly. Some of the hottest deals can come and go quickly, especially anything under $1 with free shipping with Prime. We’ll try to let you know about these deals as they come up throughout the week.
- Try Prime. Since these items are so low-priced and you might not want to wait until your order meets the free shipping threshold, you may be interested in signing up for a Prime membership (you can get a free 30-day trial to check it out).
- Not a one-stop shop. While you can get everything you want from Amazon, you’ll pay a lot more total than you would if you were to visit, say, Fred Meyer or Target. I’m using Amazon to get hot deals as they pop up and to buy organizational items, household goods, etc.
If you have other tips or questions on saving on school supplies at Amazon, please leave a comment below!
Best School Supply Deals
Here are the deals that are currently available. Please note that prices on Amazon can change quickly and without notice. Be sure to check this page for other deals that might pop up.
ACCO Mini Binder Clips, Mini, 12 pk: $0.45 (add-on item)
*NEW* Elmer’s Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz: $1.00
*NEW* Paper Mate Pink Pearl Premium Erasers, 3 pk: $1.46
*PRICE DROP* Pentel Hi-Polymer Large Block Eraser, 3 pk: $1.69
Fiskars Kids’ 5″ Blunt-Tip Scissors: $1.99 (add-on item)
*NEW* BIC Brite Liner Highlighters, 5 pk: $2
*NEW* Dixon Oriole #2 Soft Pencils, 12 pk: $2
*PRICE DROP* Bic Round Stic Xtra Life Ball Pens, 60 pk in Black: $3.00 (add-on item)
Scotch Magic Tape, 3 pk: $3.00
20 Back-To-School Tales: Scholastic Storybook (DVD): $4.69
I sometimes like to play a DVD for my kids on the way to or from school – these Scholastic storybooks are very high quality and entertaining!
Paper Mate Arrowhead Pink Cap Erasers, 144 pk: $4.98 (add-on item)
*PRICE DROP* Paper Mate Pink Pearl Premium Erasers, 24 pk: $5.14 (add-on item)
Expo Dry-Erase Starter Set: $5.80 (add-on item)
*PRICE DROP* Casio fx-260 Solar Scientific Calculator: $5.99 (add-on item)
Little Kids’ Backpacks: $6.20-$6.60
Oxford Twin Pocket Folders, 25 pk: $6.91 ($0.28 each)
*PRICE DROP* Pilot G2 Retractable Gel Pens, Fine Point, Black, 12 pk: $8.32
These are my favorite pens!
Elmer’s Washable All-Purpose School Glue Sticks, 30 ct: $9.86 ($0.33 each)
Skip Hop Zoo Insulated Food Jar: $10.80+
Wilson Jones 1″ Round Ring Binder, 4 pk: $10.99 ($2.75 each)
*PRICE DROP* Dixon Ticonderoga Wood-Cased #2 Pencils, 96 pk: $12.99
*NEW* Rubbermaid Lunch Blox Entrée Kit: $13.21 when you “clip” the $1 off coupon
EasyLunchboxes Bento Lunch Box, 4 pk: $13.95
If you don’t want to go straight Bento box, these are a nice alternative. I bought these for my son a couple years ago – we love them!
Elmer’s Washable All-Purpose School Glue Stick, 60 pk: $16.79 ($0.28 each)
*NEW* Alpine Swiss Backpack: $19.99
Comes with a 1-year warranty!
Case Logic 15.6″ Laptop Backpack: $20.49
Other Deals (Clothing, Shoes, Etc.)
*NEW* Levi’s Jeans: $7.72+
Remember, I will update this list each Tuesday. It will be here and ready for you when you’re ready to do your shopping!