First month of 2013? Check. That was fast, wasn’t it? And this month, with only 28 days, is likely to feel even faster! Before it blitzes away, I wanted to take some time and share my thoughts on what I think we’ll see on sale as well as content you can expect here at the blog.
February: What Goes on Sale?
I am a big believer in paying attention to what goes on sale and when. Most of my savings comes from store sales, with coupons being the icing on the cake. Here are a few trends I’ve noticed for previous Februarys:
- Oatmeal/Quaker: We may see a few residual oatmeal and Quaker sales as a continuation from last month. I do expect them to be light, however.
- Canned Soup & Chili: As we’re still in the thick of winter, look for “warm you up” type foods to continue including soups and chilis. Stock up if you use these items! Also of note – canned beans. Last year, we saw some really high-value canned bean coupons in February.
- Valentine’s Day Candy: Of course, the best deals will likely be the clearance deals you find after the holiday. I purchased $0.19 Valentine’s Day kits for my kids last year at Fred Meyer, so we’re already set for this year!
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce: I’m noting previous deals on pasta and pasta sauce.
- Promotions to Watch For: Free short-stack of pancakes at IHOP (this is happening tomorrow!), heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine’s Day, also noting promotions for Grand Slam at Denny’s, eat free at IKEA for President’s Day, and free Pretzel at Auntie Annie’s. I’ll be watching for these and others this month.
For more detailed notes, you can download my FREE Sales Trends document.
February: What’s up at The Coupon Project
I am currently working out the details of a very fun and adventurous post series for March, so February I’d like to lay lower and tie up a couple series that need tying up.
- Eating Healthy on a Budget. While this series is pretty well done, for February, I’d like to build off the series by sharing a few recipes that are nutritious and budget-friendly. Please see the Eating Healthy on a Budget page if you missed this January series.
- How to Use Coupons. I have about 3 posts to finish up the How to Use Coupons series I started wayyyy back in October. I’m getting there, folks, and I do thank you for your patience. You can read the previous posts on my Coupons 101 page.
- Talk Shop Saturdays. On Saturdays, I’ve been running a mini “Talk Shop” series that will continue through February. In case you missed the previous posts, they were: Defining your “Enough” and Managing your Emotions Online. A huge thank you to those of you that have left thought-provoking comments on those posts and allowed for dialogue to happen.
- Live webcast. I will be having a live webcast later this month. For this webcast, I’d like to do something a little different and answer YOUR questions. I’ll be putting out a call for questions shortly, but in the meantime feel free to email me your question(s) at angela @ thecouponproject dot com. You can ask me anything – about this blog, how to use coupons, how I use coupons, whatever.
Besides these goals, of course you can expect the same focus on high quality deals here at The Coupon Project. As always, my aim is to focus on sharing quality deals and not overwhelm you with a quantity of posts.
What would you like to see here at the blog in the next month? Any ideas or suggestions based on what I’ve shared above?