Bring or purchase your plants and planters and the team from Fred Meyer will plant them for you using FREE premium Black Gold Soil. This event takes place out in the Garden Center, rain or shine (so dress appropriately!).
I am pleased to see that this year they are setting some limits – each customer can bring up to 8 planters with a maximum of 16″ diameter each. I’ve heard stories of some folks showing up with pickups full of planters and plants, so this should make it a quicker, more pleasant experience for everyone involved.
Here are a few tips about this event:
- Try to get there early! One year, I showed up a bit later and ended up waiting in a line that lasted for about an hour. If time is of the essence? You might get there a bit early.
- Be prepared for the weather. The event will happen behind the Fred Meyer garden center, which is outdoors, and will go on even if it rains.
- Grab a cart if you have a few plants. That way your back won’t get achy while waiting in line!
- Bring a snack – or buy one. In the past, they’ve had a coffee cart for those standing in line.
- Ask for free plant containers. One year I noticed they were discarding all the plastic plant containers, so I asked and sure enough, they were happy to give me as many as I pleased!
If you’ve been before, do you have any additional tips or stories from your experience to share?