It’s one of my most favorite months of the year: SEPTEMBER! I adore everything about fall: the return to routine, the scents of apple and cinnamon, the coziness and crispness of it all.
I wanted to take some time out to share what I hope we’ll find on sale, along with my plans for the month.
What’s on Sale in September
Remember you can grab a free download of couponing trends I’ve noted. Some of these may be specific for my region (PNW) and are always more of a best guess based on past trends than a promise of any sort.
- “Warm you up foods.” We should start to see soup and chili coupons trickle in, along with sales. In particular, Campbell’s. However I often found that store brands bested Campbell’s deals, even with sales and coupons.
- Peanut Butter and jelly. Both items may go on sale especially the first part of the month. Peanut butter is one of those items you don’t see consistent sales on throughout the year, so I do recommend stocking up if you find a deal! My stockup price used to be $1, but given the price hikes in October of last year, I’d say if you find anything $1.50 or less, stock up.
- Whole fryer chicken. With fall here, people like to think about cooking more traditional meals, such as roast chicken. Particularly watch Fred Meyer for strong deals on whole fryer. I would think $0.79/lb is a good price, but sometimes I’ve seen it dip for as low as $0.49/lb.
- Fall cleaning/organizing items. I know fall cleaning is on a lot of our minds, and I would expect to see special deals on cleaners, organizers, and home fragrance items.
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce. This is a good time of year to stock up on pasta and pasta sauce. You will usually find sales and coupons this time of year.
- Toys. I have noted that we saw the first of the holiday toy sales and coupons in September, in particular Hasbro.
For more thoughts on what you’ll find, check out my Sales Cycles download.
What’s up at the Blog?
There are a few things you can look for here at The Coupon Project in September.
- More deals, in general. As my kids return to school, I’ll have a bit more time to scout out and report deals. You still won’t find 20-30 deals reported here per day, but do look for a slight uptick in posts and unadvertised store deals.
- Home routine challenge. I’ve been thinking a lot about fall cleaning and home routines and may do a mini-series/challenge on that topic.
- Webcast. After a bit of a hiatus, I will do a live webcast later this month (time/topic TBD). Please let me know if you have any burning questions/topics you’d like to see addressed! (For previous webcasts, see my webcast page.)
- Giveaways. I have a couple giveaways scheduled for this month including gift cards for Grocery Outlet and Whole Foods Market. Stay tuned if you enjoy either/both of those stores.
What else do you expect we’ll see on sale in September? Any thoughts you have for me on the direction of the blog for the month of September?