Welcome to May! It’s time to chat about what I think you’ll find on sale, and what I’m up to around here.
As I’ve said many times before, most of my savings actually comes just from taking advantage of store sales. Coupons are the frosting on the cake. By paying attention to store sales, you can maximize your savings efforts.
What’s on Sale in May
According to my notes from previous years, here is my best guess for what we should find on sale this month:
- The first of the summer/BBQ items. This includes condiments such as BBQ sauce (which we are already seeing!), mustard, relish, charcoal.
- Shaving/skin care items. Time to shave those legs finally since you’ll be in a swimsuit, right? Watch for razors, shave gel, and also lotions and sunscreen.
- Mexican ingredients (Cinco de Mayo). Particularly watch tortillas. A couple years ago I found them as low as $0.04 a bag (for Mission).
- Ice Cream and Hot Dogs. Again, start to watch for summer fare.
- Strawberries. We should see an uptick in strawberry deals. As we approach summer, we’ll start to see more deals on the traditional summer produce like melons and peaches.
- Founder’s Day Sale (Fred Meyer). Arguably, one of their best sales of the year, Fred Meyer will be having their Founder’s Day sale this month. This sale usually focuses on grocery basics and good-for-you items (think produce, and items in natural section) at low, low prices. Pay attention.
- Memorial Day sales. Many stores will have sales for Memorial Day (both in store like Fred Meyer and online like Macy’s).
I’ve also noted promotions for brands including Kellogg’s and Kraft in May. Please download your FREE Sales Cycles download for more information.
What’s Happening at The Blog?
Here are some of the things that will be happening around here.
- Focus on Spring Cleaning. Enough is enough – it’s time to get my house clean! If you’re in the same boat, watch for my posts on spring cleaning to help get you motivated.
- More Gardening. I’ll be doing some more gardening this month and sharing those posts with you too, as well as Farmer’s Markets posts.
- Moms Nite Out. Moms, come meet me at the Tacoma Mall’s Moms Nite Out on May 10th. I’ll be speaking and I’ll have a table. Lots of freebies (including FOOD) will be part of this nationally-based event and you won’t want to miss it! More information to follow.
- FREE Coupon Class (Puyallup/South Hill). FISH Food Banks is sponsoring a FREE coupon class on May 30th. Please check out the post on more information on how to RSVP.
- Giveaways, giveaways! I’m in the process of coordinating a few giveaways this month. I’ll have one in the next week for Fred Meyer so stay tuned for your chance to win!
Given my speaking engagements as well as personal appointments this month, I won’t be hosting a webcast or will I be doing a series. But have no fear, Sarah is already hard at work on the next series which I hope will launch in June or July.
Is there anything else you’d add to my list of what to find on sale? Anything you’d like to see more of around here in May?