Local readers, if you have children in the Tacoma Public School district, you are eligible for the Whole Access Pass through Metro Parks! My friend Kelley shared this information with me and I’m surprised I’d not heard of it before. Essentially, Tacoma Public Schools has worked out a group discount with Metro Parks so kids and their families can receive access to activities and learning that will support their education including museums, lessons, memberships, and more.
The Pass entitles you to a whole host of discounts and benefits, including:
- One Free Recreational Swim per month at any community center pool
- FREE Picnic Kit rental with any 2018 Point Defiance Park Picnic Shelter Rental
- $10 off a Tacoma Nature Center Family Membership
- 10% off on new Point Defiance Zoo membership
- Half off Northwest Trek daytime general admission
- 10% off Swim Lessons
- Much, much more. (You can see this page at Metro Parks for the entire list of perks!)
Now, I bet you’re wondering what you need to do to get this pass! While it is free, there are a few things you’ll need to do:
- Print and fill out the Whole Access Pass Child form.
- Submit the form to your child’s Tacoma Public School.
- You will receive a card from Metro Parks identifying them as a Whole Access Pass child.
- Use the pass to save money at Metro Parks!
For more information, please see Metro Parks. Thanks, Kelley, for the great tip!