I have been excited to do a shopping trip at Fred Meyer lately, to take advantage of the Mix & Match sale they’ve been having. I noticed this morning that some of the prices dropped a bit this week and there were also a number of coupons from last weekend’s inserts to sweeten the deals. Even better, I received my Fred Meyer Rewards rebate in the mail so I was able to drive my price down even further!
As a brief reminder, the way this sale works is that you’ll save $5 instantly for every 10 participating items you buy. To be clear: you CAN mix and match. I saw a shopper just today buying all 10 of one item. While you can do this, you certainly do not have to! (I almost never do.)
I thought I’d share a little bit about my trip and the deals I got.
This was one of my very favorite deals from the sale, and it’s not in the ad! Fleischmann’s Yeast, 3 pack, is $0.99 as part of the sale. This includes the pizza crust, which we’ve used for years! I let my Kitchenaid do the kneading and it comes out great every time. Even better, there was a $0.75 off coupon in last weekend’s (11/5) SmartSource. I had two of them, so that made these just $0.24 each!
Here’s another item from the sale that wasn’t in the ad: Celestial Seasonings tea for $1.89. There was a $1/2 coupon from 11/5 SmartSource, dropping the price to $1.39 per box!
I mixed & matched a total of 30 items in a single transaction – and yes, you can totally do this! The only drawback is that more items means potentially more hiccups. My advice: find an out of the way spot in the store to count, double count, and triple count your items, making sure you have exact multiples of 10. Then, I made sure I had all the correct coupons in hand. The ones that I didn’t end up using, went away.
Here are the specifics of what I purchased, in case you’d like to copy my trip (or do something similar):
(4) Ragu Pasta Sauce $1.29 each
(2) American Beauty Pasta $0.49 each
(4) Progresso Soup $0.99 each
(4) Campbell’s Cream Soups $0.49 each
(4) Swanson’s Canned Broth $0.49 each
(2) Dixie Cups to Go $1.99 each
(2) Dixie Plates $1.99 each
(2) Celestial Seasonings Tea $1.89 each
(2) Nabisco Crackers $1.79 each
(2) Fleishmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast $0.99 each
(2) Hefty Slider Storage Bags $0.99 each
That’s 30 items at a subtotal of $33.30. Not a bad deal at all. But of course, I had coupons! Here’s what I used:
(2) $1.25/2 Ragu coupons from 11/5 SmartSource
(1) $1/4 Progresso ecoupon
(1) $0.80/4 Campbell’s ecoupon
(1) $0.40/4 Swanson’s coupon from 11/5 SmartSource – Seattle Times
(1) $0.75/1 Dixie cups ecoupon
(1) $0.75/1 Dixie cups coupon from 11/5 Red Plum
(1) $1/2 Celestial Seasonings coupon from 11/5 SmartSource
(1) $0.75/2 Nabisco coupon from 11/5 SmartSource
(2) $0.75/1 Fleischmann’s Yeast coupon from 11/5 SmartSource
(1) $1/2 Hefty Slider Bag coupon from 11/5 Red Plum
These coupons knocked off an additional $10.45 from my total, reducing the price to $22.85. Now I just so happened to received a rebate of around $15, so my out of pocket cost was lower still! Even if you did not get a rebate, you’d pay $0.77 per item doing my scenario! I looked everywhere for my receipt when I got home and I cannot find it anywhere. ARGH. But, I can tell you it showed a total savings rate of 75%, even with the lactose-free milk and hamburger buns I included on my trip.
If you are planning a trip, I want to let you know the Mix & Match sale is happening at both Fred Meyer and QFC! You may want to read these related posts:
- Fred Meyer Weekly Coupon Deals (this was published today)
- Fred Meyer Unadvertised Deals (this was from last week, but many may still apply)
- QFC Mix & Match Sale
- QFC Unadvertised Deals
If you end up with a stellar shopping trip, email me at angela @ thecouponproject dot com. I’d love to feature some reader shopping trips! I’d also love to know what additional deals you’re finding as part of this Mix & Match!