Now that the Farmer’s Markets have ended, are you looking for good deals on local produce?
Today I decided to stop in at Northshore Produce in Federal Way. It’s on the corner of 21st and 356th (kitty-corner from the Chevron). I understand there are also sister stores in Burien and Des Moines, althought I’ve not been to either of them.
I found a few really HOT deals I wanted to share! First, the strawberry containers were just $1 each! The sign read $1.50, but I was told they were actually $1. I decided to buy a couple extra to freeze for smoothies.
The green grapes were just $0.69/lb, too! And they looked great.
All told, I spent about $17 for everything pictured (and three fruit logs for $1 total that never made it into the photo!). I think our total would’ve been less had we not fallen in love with the cute pumpkins!
Other tips about shopping at Northshore Produce:
- They have free samples! They had samples of coffee, beef jerky, and grapes today. They are very friendly about letting you sample their eats.
- They usually have bags of produce near the front counter marked as “$1.” Today I found peppers, which was perfect for the stir fry I’m planning tomorrow.
- They have a $5-off-$30 coupon at the counter, no expiration date. Just ask for it when you pop in.
- They recently added a meat counter. While the prices were not cheap, if you’re looking for quality meat (no added hormones, no antibiotics, 100% vegetarian fed), you might consider supporting this local store.
- They also sell specialty cheeses, jams, pasta, and the like.
I really like shopping at this store! Not everything is a buy, but the deals they have are pretty good and worth a drop in. Of course, it’s always an added perk when you can support a quality local business AND get locally-grown, fresh produce!
Have you shopped at Northshore Produce or the Des Moines or Burien store? If you’re not local, do you have produce stores like this in your area you like to frequent?