If you have been meaning to visit your Auntie in St Paul or have a conference on potholders you’ve been wanting to go to in late November, good news.
Southwest Airlines is offering 40% off select flights with coupon code BIGDEAL40! As you might have guessed, there are some exclusions and restrictions. I’m just going to do a copy & paste job so I don’t miss anything!
- The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive 40 percent discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below.
- Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made prior to 11:59 pm PT on Oct. 11, 2012, for travel between Nov. 28 through Dec. 12, 2012, and Jan. 7 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Day of week and City Pair exclusions include:
- Travel to/from Ft. Myers, FL
- Blackout Dates include travel to/from the following airports:
- New Orleans flights from Jan. 17 through Jan.21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Las Vegas flights Jan. 10 through Jan 14, 2013, Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Washington Reagan National (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore-Washington (BWI) Jan. 17 through Jan. 23, 2013.
- 40 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
For fun, I wanted to see how much of a discount this would yield me on a round-trip flight to LAX. The Wanna Get Away was already decently priced at $218 round trip, but taking a 40% off discount would mean paying just $130 before taxes and fees! (I didn’t get so far as entering the coupon code because it wanted me to enter payment stuff first, and I was afraid I’d accidentally book myself on a flight!)
PS want to make this HOTTER? Buy your Southwest gift cards at Fred Meyer (to earn Rewards) or Safeway (to earn gas rewards). In my experience, stores often carry Southwest gift cards in their gift card kiosk and you can often get extra Rewards and points for buying them there. It used to be you could redeem up to (4) gift cards or promo codes in a transaction, but you might well want to verify this ahead of time. (If it’s four, I’d buy up to (3) cards and then use the BIGDEAL40 as my 4th code.)
PSS did you know you can redeem Swagbucks for Southwest gift cards, too? Hotness! (Currently – 5795 for a $50; 11499 for $100). Note that you might not get the gift card in time for this promotion, however.
I’m not gonna lie….tempted by this promotion. Really, really tempted.