For the last several years, I’ve worked to analyze what goes on sale and when. Why? Because I believe you can save a lot of money by choosing to purchase items when they go on sale, whether or not you use coupons.
For instance – you’d save a lot of money by stocking up on pencils, crayons, printer paper and glue sticks in the summer when the back to school supply sales are happening. I take this same principle and stock up on lemonade mixes in summer, canning supplies in early October (when they go on clearance), and peanut butter just before school starts.
The good news is I’m not going to hoard all this information for myself! Since 2010, I’ve maintained a document called Store Sales Cycles which I make a point to update and release annually. And guess what – it’s all FREE.
Here’s what you should know about this document, before downloading it:
- Some of the information is specific to the Puget Sound region. I list a few store promotions that may be regional. Other deals (particularly relating to farms/gardening) may be regional.
- Deals are in flux. While this document notes trends I’ve observed, things can (and DO) change. Please take this document as a general guideline of what to watch for, not a promise.
- This document is for your personal use ONLY. You are absolutely welcome (and encouraged!) to share it, pin it, tweet it, etc. – but please refrain from making it a download on your own site (if you’re a blogger). If you want to copy & distribute it at a coupon class or other group you’re a part of, please send me a personal email first (angela @ thecouponproject dot com.)
Webcast for 1/9 – 2013 Year in Review/Looking Ahead to 2014
It’s been awhile, but I think it’s time for another live webcast! To participate, just head to the blog on 1/9 8:00 pm PST. Participating is FREE and easy. On 1/9, I’ll announce where you can watch the webcast. You’ll also be able to chat along via text with your comments and questions.
Some of what I’ll be covering includes:
- 2013 a year in review – what were the trends that stood out? stores that shined? what happened with coupons?
- 2014 predictions – what can we watch for when it comes to store sales & coupons? what kinds of changes & developments are coming to the blog?
- YOUR questions & comments – I’ll be addressing your comments & questions live!
If you’re not able to make it, the webcast will be recorded. To see past webcasts, please visit my Webcast page. Stay tuned for more information regarding the webcast.