We’re finally approaching summer…but the rain outside makes me wonder if Washington got the memo! As always, I like to kick off each month sharing what I think we should watch for in terms of stores. Why? Because the majority of my savings comes from store sales, not coupons. Think of coupons as the frosting on the cake.
June Sales Cycles
Remember to take this list with a grain of salt. Things do change, promotions do go away, and manufacturers do shift when they run their sales and coupons. That being said, here is what I’ve observed for the past three years:
- Barbecue foods and condiments. We have been seeing these since May and they should continue as everyone ramps up for their 4th of July picnics and barbecues! If you like mustard, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mayonnaise, salad dressings, marinades, and the like – stock up. Also watch for hot dogs, ribs, and other meats often served in the summer.
- Summer produce. I really love all the produce that becomes available and cheap in the summer! Think peaches, nectarines, and watermelon. I also enjoy cherries, but found they’re about $4.99/lb at my stores right now – not willing to pay that much! While not a fruit, fresh corn is at its best price in the summer.
- First Aid care. This is a good time to watch for deals on Bandages, Neosporin, bug spray, and other first aid items.
- Shaving and skin care. Bathing suit season comes along – and shoot – it’s time to shave! Watch for deals on shaving gels and cream, and razors. You’ll also find deals on sunscreen and lotions.
- Kraft & General Mills. I am noting past strong promotions from both Kraft and General Mills. General Mills ran a strong cereal/milk deal this time last year and many of Kraft’s products lend themselves well to summertime eating, so keep an eye out for coupons, deals, and Catalina offers.
For more ideas of what might go on sale in June and beyond, download my free Sales Cycles Download.
What’s Happening at the Blog?
I have a few things to share, first an exciting announcement!
- Supervalu (Albertsons) NYC Event. I am so tickled to share that I was one of a handful of bloggers selected to go to NYC this month sponsored by Supervalu to learn more about their in-house brand, Essential Everyday! We’ll be touring test kitchens, and get to meet with Top Chef contestant Antonio Lofaso (season 4, for the Top Chef fans out there). I will most definitely be sharing more about this event and what I learn with you as it happens.
- Back in the Saddle with Couponing. Many of you have commented lately that you want to get back into a couponing lifestyle, and don’t know where to start. I’m going to be running a series of posts on this topic this month – helping you make sense of what the current scene is with couponing, coupon policies, and store shopping. If you’ve fallen off the bandwagon and want to hop back on – stay tuned.
- Live webcast for Monday, June 18th. The topic will be getting back into couponing in keeping with this month’s theme! What you need to know to get back into it. More information to follow. (You can watch my past webcasts here.)
- Gardening videos. I will be giving weekly garden updates via my YouTube channel (and feel free to subscribe if you’ve not done so already!). I’ve had some interesting challenges this year that I’ve not had before, so win, lose or draw, you can join me to see what happens.
What other things do you think will go on sale in June? Anything you’d like to add or have me focus on this month?