Microsoft is offering a wonderful, FREE program for kids this summer. It’s called YouthSparks, and it’s a summer camp for kids ages 6 and up. The camps expose kids to the latest technology, encourage new friendships, and give them some valuable skills!
Interested to learn more? Here’s what you’ll need to do.
- Head to the Microsoft website and enter your location to see what camp(s) are available near you.
- From there, you’ll want to click on individual stores that pop up to see what’s available.
- Look for a tab that reads “in-store events.” (In my area, the SouthCenter store didn’t have options, but the Bellevue Square location did.)
To give you an example, here are some of the free workshops available for kids at Bellevue Square this summer (filter to audience – kids for the relevant sessions).
- Intro to coding with Minecraft (ages 8-12), 2 hour event
- Create a talking robot (ages 8+), 2 day, 2 hour sessions
- Play and MakeCode with Minecraft (ages 8-12), 2 day, 2 hour sessions
- Make your own story with Word and Powerpoint (ages 8+), 2 day, 2 hour sessions
- Make your own movie with 3D and mixed reality camp (ages 8+), 4 day, 2 hour sessions
Can I say that I absolutely ADORE that Microsoft is making these available for FREE? Love it! Even though they are free, you will need to register to reserve your spot! For more information and to get started, please head to the Microsoft website.
Looking for more educational, free fun for your kids this summer?
Make sure to read our post about Quantile Summer Math Program! It’s totally free – and Laura’s kids participated last year and loved it.