My name is Angela and I am so glad you’re here!
What kind of stuff can you find here?
- Quality deals. I am not going to promise that I will find you every last deal out there. I will promise to do my best to find a great cross-section of grocery deals, online deals, coupons on restaurants, freebies, and more.
- Frugal living. I believe frugality is making the most of your money, time, and resources. That’s why I also like to share posts on freezer cooking, DIY, and gardening.
- Local deals and stuff to do (Seattle/Tacoma). When I started this blog, I thought I would just do nationally-based deals. But turns out, most of my readers are in the greater Puget Sound area. Given that, I’ve worked hard to find a number of ways to save in our area. This includes sharing cool places to hike with the kids, when to visit local museums for free admission, and the best local Halloween events, just to name a few.
- Seasonal deals. A big part of saving money is knowing what to buy, and when. Helping you find deals for the better part of a decade means I’ve been able to identify savings trends. You can look for me to report on school supply deals in the summer, turkey prices in November, and ham deals just before Easter. It’s also worth mentioning that we ramp up our hours as holiday shopping season peaks, as we find store and online deals ramp up during this time, too.
- Travel and Disney posts. In the past few years, there has been growing interest in my travel and Disney posts. These posts work to give you tips and tricks for saving money to maximize your time.
Plus, lots more. Since this blog’s inception in February 2009, I’ve published over 12,000 posts. That’s a lot of content! You can expect new content to the blog, Monday through Friday. We sometimes post on weekends, but most weekends, we take off to spend with our families.
The Coupon Project Team
Owner & Founder
I live in the greater Seattle/Tacoma area with my hunky firefighter husband and two adorable kiddos. I quit my full-time job when we were expecting my first son. It was rather a shock going from a Monday – Friday schedule to a three-hour schedule, but over time, I found I loved my new life. In July of 2006, I became a freelance copywriter. While I loved making money writing, I had so many more topics I wanted to write about. In February 2009, I launched The Coupon Project. I’ve been the primary blogger behind the scenes ever since.
In March 2017, I launched my second blog, Northwest Runner Girl.
Lead Staff Writer
Laura has been with The Coupon Project for several years and without her, this site would probably have collected quite a bit of dust by now! Besides curating awesome content on a regular basis for the site, Laura works hard to determine what’s coming down the pike, comes up with great ideas for future features, and analyzes what readers are responding to. Basically, she helps direct the kind of content that keeps readers excited.
To say Laura is a site contributor would be a gross understatement of the tremendous work she’s put into this site over the years. She often corrects my mistakes and catches local deals I would’ve missed (and she lives in Minnesota!). Besides being an awesome writer for the site, she’s also an awesome wife and mom of 4 with her 5th on the way!
Grocery Deal Curator
Believe it or not, it can be a lot of work just keeping the site going that it can be tough to make sure we’re taking the time to really dig for those awesome grocery deals. This had been bugging me recently – after all, this site is called The Coupon Project! Enter Nina.
Nina is a reader who started sending me a number of really good deals in the spring of 2017. I was so appreciative and impressed by the quality of deals she was sending me I just asked her if she’d consider coming on board! Thankfully she agreed. Nina’s posts have brought strong response from readers and have filled the need of putting the coupon back in The Coupon Project. Nina is a wife and mom of 4 boys and lives in the greater Puget Sound area.
Disney Content Writer
Mike has graciously been providing a wealth of Disney content to the site since 2016! He’s what I’d call a bona fide Disney expert. Want to know when to visit Walt Disney World to maximize your savings? He can help. Curious which restaurants in Downtown Disney offer the best value? He can help. Want to know how to make your first trip to Disneyland extra magical? Yup, he can help!
You can check out Mike’s posts on my Disney category page. Mike is also a travel agent and one I’d completely recommend. He’s friendly, responsive, and all about saving you money. To learn more, visit his Facebook page.
Besides these ladies, there have been many others over the years who have worked to help make this site what it is. People might be surprised to learn this because they might suppose a blog has a single person behind it – a blogger. I’d like to acknowledge the graphic designers, tech support, recipe creators, content writers, and many others who have helped over the years.