This list of the best baby jumpers gives you some great options for helping your little ones burn off energy and stay occupied – and contained!
There’s a baby in your house – congratulations! As your baby grows, you’ll have so much fun discovering new things about their personality, and they’ll have fun exploring what their bodies can do.
One great way to give Baby a little exercise is by using a baby jumper…but which one should you choose?
There are two main types of baby jumpers:
- Doorway jumpers that are attached to a doorframe and let the baby jump and bounce to their heart’s content
- Freestanding/Stationary jumpers that attach a harness or seat to built-in rods or structures; these can be picked up and moved around
You can use either type of jumper once your baby has good head control, which is typically between six to twelve months old.
Also keep in mind that most experts recommend limiting baby jumper use to 10-15 minutes at a time, no more than twice a day. This limit helps your baby properly develop their motor skills and strength.
Table of Contents
- The Best Baby Jumpers
- 1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- 2. Jolly Jumper with Super Stand
- 3. Jolly Jumper Exerciser with Door Clamp
- 4. Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper
- 5. Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper
- 6. Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Stationary Jumper Jam Session
- 7. Fisher-Price Woodland Friends Space Saver Jumperoo
- 8. Skip Hop Explore & More Jumpscape Foldaway Jumper
- 9. Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby
The Best Baby Jumpers
Here’s a roundup of the best baby jumpers out there right now at a variety of price points, whether you’re looking for a doorway jumper or a freestanding stationary jumper.
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
- Item arrives in frustration-free, easy-to-open packaging that’s 100% recyclable. For a gift-ready box, select “Ship in Amazon packaging” at checkout
- Exciting lights, sounds and music reward your baby's every jump
- Infant jumper with 360 degrees of play, including peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, and more
- 3 adjustable height positions to grow with your baby
- No doorway required, plus fabric spring covers keep little fingers safe
The Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo is the baby jumper I use with my little guy, but that’s not the only reason it tops this list! I’m not the only parent that loves it for their baby, as it gets fantastic reviews and is a very popular model.
The Rainforest Jumperoo is a freestanding infant jumper with a seat that spins fully around. This means your baby can jump up and down, but also be entertained no matter which way they turn.
Accompanying toys include a peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, and more. There are also lights, sound, and music that baby can interact with…but don’t worry, you can switch it off if you like.
Start your baby at the lowest height position, then adjust upward as your little one grows. There are three positions to use until Baby grows up to 32” tall and/or 25 lbs. in weight.
I like that you don’t need to set up this baby jumper in a doorway, and the fabric spring covers keep little fingers safe. The seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe, and the jumper itself is easily wiped down.
My baby has yet to get bored with this baby jumper! He’s likely to grow out of it before he gets tired of us using it occasionally to keep him occupied.
One drawback to this baby jumper is that it takes up a lot of space. If you want to store it away, you can fold the metal base frame in on itself by disconnecting the pieces, but the seat and toys are bulky. Still, it’s light and easy to move.
2. Jolly Jumper with Super Stand
- ACTIVE BABY – The standing jumper helps infants improve balance, develop coordination and rhythm, as well as strengthens muscles.
- EASY STORAGE – The 6 foot extra tall, sturdy frame requires no tools for assembly and folds flat for easy storage and portability of the Jolly Jumper.
- FREE STANDING – The stand eliminates the need for doorways and allows the baby exerciser to be used indoor or outdoor
- SAFETY & SUPPORT – The saddle seat is designed to firmly support baby's spine, ensuring correct, upright posture during exercise.
- JUMP & PLAY- Watch as your baby bounces up and down with complete freedom of movement. The spring action is ideal for active babies who want more bounce and fun.
The Jolly Jumper with Super Stand is a free-standing jumper that doesn’t require any door frame access. This means that you’re not limited in where you can put it…if you have the floor space!
It’s simple to use: just pop the baby in the saddle seat and let them go nuts! It can be used indoors or outdoors.
There is a maximum weight of 28 lbs., and no height restriction. You can adjust the height up or down depending on your little one’s needs.
The frame is six feet tall and requires no tools for assembly. It also folds flat for easy storage and portability, so you don’t need to keep it out all the time.
One benefit of this baby jumper is that your little one can go up and down as well as side to side at an angle. Some parents may like that it doesn’t have any extra toys, music, lights, or anything that requires batteries.
A few parents have reported that the chain and/or strap can break or become disconnected, and that customer service to get replacement parts isn’t great. You’re probably best off buying new with this one just to be on the safe side.
3. Jolly Jumper Exerciser with Door Clamp
When you think of a baby jumper, the Jolly Jumper is probably the first one you think of, right? Considering it’s been around since 1948, it’s a well-known brand.
The Jolly Jumper Exercise with Door Clamp is the original model. It operates similarly to the previous entry on our list of the best baby jumpers, but this one is secured onto a door frame.
You can use this for your baby until they are 28 lbs. maximum weight with no height restrictions. There are specific door and frame requirements, so be sure that your wall thickness and doorframe will work with the Jolly Jumper.
The height is adjustable, and the harness itself is hand washable.
The biggest perk is that you don’t need to leave it set up, so you can just take it out when needed and then pack it away with minimal storage space required. It also won’t be an eyesore to your home décor.
Parents who use this one with their little one are happy with the fit of the harness and the portability of the product. Some state it’s a little tricky to get Baby in and out of the harness.
4. Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper
- Sturdy bounce spring with hidden safety cord for nonstop little leg action and jumping joy
- Keep doorways mark free with our no-mark clamp because fun should be the only lasting impression
- Easily transports from room to room so that your baby can play anywhere you need to be
- Seat pad is easily machine washable, or wiped clean, to save you time
- Non-twist straps allow quick, easy in and out so you can move baby quickly from room to room
If you like the idea of a doorway jumper but want a little more for Baby to do, the Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper is worth a look.
With this baby jumper, your little one will sit inside the seat that has an accompanying play tray surrounding it.
The tray has multiple functions: one is that it works as a bumper to keep Baby from running into the wall or doorframe, and the other is that you can put toys on it for extra entertainment.
I like that the spring on this baby jumper is hidden – no pinched fingers here! It attaches to your doorframe with a no-mark clamp and can be easily transported from room to room.
You can toss the seat pad in the washing machine or just wipe it down if it gets dirty. Two soft, removable, interactive toys attach to the adjustable play rings.
The height is adjustable so it can grow with your baby. The maximum weight limit is 25 lbs.
5. Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper
- Dive into discovery with ocean-themed activities in every direction
- Bouncy seat swivels 360° from toy to toy
- 4 height positions are easy to adjust.Adult assembly required
- Electronic sea turtle station is removable
- Introduces numbers & colors in English, Spanish, French
Baby Einstein is known for its educational products for babies, and this baby jumper is that! The Baby Einstein Neptune’s Ocean Discovery Jumper has ocean-themed activities in every direction.
It’s another freestanding jumper/activity center hybrid with a bouncy seat that swivels 360°. This baby jumper has four height positions with a weight limit of 25 lbs. and a height limit of 30”.
This jumper introduces numbers and colors in English, Spanish, and French (so yes, it’s battery-operated). And you can pop out the electronic sea turtle station for extra play outside of the jumper!
The toy stations wipe clean with a damp cloth, while the seat cover is machine washable. The extra link loops allow you to add your baby’s favorite toys and swap them out to keep play interesting.
6. Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Stationary Jumper Jam Session
- Provides baby with secure learn and play environment
- 67 fun learning activities help babies achieve important developmental milestones
- Bounce base gives baby a soft landing pad that promotes stability in early development
- Smart electronic toys interact with one another providing baby with fun lights and sounds in 3 genres of music
- Extra jump allows baby to exercise legs while being entertained. Fit: Approximately 4 months to walking age or until child can stand flat-footed at the highest level
You’ve probably heard of an ExerSaucer; in fact, that’s typically what parents think of when they think of an activity center for babies.
But the Evenflo ExerSaucer Jump and Learn Stationary Jumper Jam Session takes it a step further by offering all the activities for Baby plus a bounce base that lets your little one jump up and down.
This baby jumper has a whopping 67 fun learning activities to help babies achieve important developmental milestones. There are, of course, lights and sounds, which means it’s battery-operated.
You might like that the bounce base allows your baby to bounce off the bottom of the jumper instead of your floor. This is especially beneficial if you have a hard floor like tile or wood – no worries about their little feet getting cold!
There are three different height adjustments, and it has a weight limit of 24 lbs. The seat cover is machine washable, and you can remove the toys to let your little one play with them on the floor or elsewhere instead of just in the jumper.
Parents like this baby jumper because it’s so entertaining, but they also say that it’s huge and takes up a lot of space. It also doesn’t come apart easily, but that’s probably a good thing.
RELATED: 10 Best Baby Walkers
7. Fisher-Price Woodland Friends Space Saver Jumperoo
This Fisher-Price Woodland Friends Space Saver Jumperoo takes up less room than the other stationary jumpers included on this list. It’s a good option for those who prefer stationary jumpers but need something smaller.
You’ll see that the structure of this jumper is a little different in that the base has a smaller footprint and is made almost entirely of plastic, whereas most of the others have a metal frame.
There aren’t as many toys attached, either, but your baby will still be entertained. Activities and toys include a light-up piano, a wiggly-jiggly frog, clicker caterpillar, animal spinners, and more.
There are four different heights available with a maximum weight limit of 25 lbs. The seat is compact and folds down for easy storage.
One tradeoff for a smaller jumper is that the seat doesn’t spin – the position you put Baby in is the position they’ll stay in until you take them out. Also, the plastic frame is a little too lightweight for some parents.
8. Skip Hop Explore & More Jumpscape Foldaway Jumper
- Our activity jumper for baby tracks each jump and folds flat for storage!
- With a light-up cloud bounce counter to track baby’s jumps, our jumper rewards baby with lights and music and breaks into applause at 100-jump milestones!
- It features a 360-degree rotating seat so baby can sit, swivel and bounce for maximum exploration. 20+ development activities including clip-on, movable toys to encourage development and allow for...
- Easily folds flat for storage; strap secures folded jumper for travel
- Four spring capsules reveal fun colors when baby jumps and Adjustable to five heights as baby grows
If you’re short on space but have a larger budget, the Skip Hop Explore & More Jumpscape Foldaway Jumper might just fit the bill. Don’t be fooled by the simple design; this one’s cool.
First, it folds flat for storage but is still structurally sound with a metal – not plastic – frame. It also has a strap that secures the jumper when folded so you can easily and safely take it on the go.
It also tracks Baby’s jumps with a light-up cloud bounce counter. At every 100-jump milestone, Baby is rewarded with lights, music, and applause. How fun!
The seat fully rotates around so Baby can bounce, sit, and swivel 360°. There are also some toys to keep your little one entertained.
There are five different heights with a weight limit of 15 kg (about 33 lbs.). I like the higher weight limit as well as the clean design. All toys are removable and machine washable.
I also like that there’s a parent reminder at 10 and 20 minutes to track usage. It can be tricky to remember how long you’ve left your baby in a baby jumper like this, especially when they’re having fun. A gentle reminder is great!
9. Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby
- Unique bounce pad
- 3 height adjustable positions grow with baby
- Seat spins 360 Degree for full access to toys link loop for attaching additional toys
- Fabric Care Instruction Seat pad is machine washable and wipe clean for toy or frame
The most budget-friendly option on this list of the best baby jumpers, the Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby is a freestanding jumper that doesn’t take up a lot of space.
Instead of a frame from which Baby is suspended, this jumper features a unique bounce pad that provides bungee-like bouncing action when Baby jumps up and down.
The seat spins 360° for full access to the included toys as well as space for toys that you add yourself with baby links. The seat pad is machine washable, and the toys and frame can be wiped clean.
There are three height-adjustable positions with a maximum weight recommendation of 25 lbs. The jumper frame is made of plastic, which makes it lightweight and easy to move from room to room.
Some parents said that the design of the footrest may hurt Baby’s feet, so try having your little one wear socks while bouncing if you’re finding that to be a problem.
A baby jumper is a great way to keep your little one occupied – not to mention contained! – and let them explore what their legs can do. Plus, it’s a convenient way to give yourself a break.
Hopefully, you found a baby jumper or two on this list that fits your budget and your family’s needs.