Tricycles or trikes are a great source of fun for active toddlers who are always on the move. Your child can always have something fun to look forward to when you take them outdoors to play on one of the best toddler tricycles.
The tricycle could also benefit your little ones by helping them improve their motor skills and develop a sense of balance. Also, unlike regular two-wheeled bikes, tricycles are safer since they are less likely to tip over.
However, every time you search for the best toddler tricycles for your kid, the options that pop up can be overwhelming.
But, you don’t just buy the first tricycle you come across, do you? You need to take the time to dig deep and find the best one. We will help you with that.
Table of Contents
- Best Toddler Tricycles
- 1. Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike
- 2. Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Tough Trike
- 3. Schwinn Roadster Tricycle
- 4. Radio Flyer Pink Rider Trike
- 5. XJD 3-in-1 Toddler Tricycle with Adjustable Seat
- 6. Besrey 5-in-1 Toddler Bike
- 7. Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 Kids Tricycle First Trike
- 8. High Bounce Sports Extra Tall Tricycle
- 9. smarTrike Breeze Toddler Tricycle
Best Toddler Tricycles
Despite the standard three-wheeled design, you will be surprised to know that tricycles come with vast and varied designs.
It all depends on the frills included by the manufacturer to make them safer and more comfortable for your child. Here’s a rundown of some of the best toddler tricycles.
- A tricked-out trike! Cool Harley-Davidson styling
- Pedal-powered – big foot pedals make it easy for little riders to get rolling
- Rugged, durable tires and stable wheel base for added safety
- Easy-grip handlebars
- Shhh! Secret storage compartment under the seat
1. Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Tough Trike
The reason this low-riding tricycle earned our top spot is because of its sturdy design that can help little riders improve their balance.
Don’t let the plastic material used to construct this unit deceive you. This trike can stand up to all the rough handling that toddlers are known for.
The plastic construction makes it lightweight so it doesn’t inhibit the toddler’s movement. The tires are also made of toughened plastic. Plus, they are wide and rugged to provide the much-needed stability and traction when cruising over irregular surfaces.
As you’d expect, the trike is propelled by large foot pedals that make it easy for the little ones to cycle.
It was also thoughtful of the manufacturer to include a secret storage compartment under the seat. Your kid can store their favorite toys or snacks, and carry them along as they play.
Besides that, the unique Harley-Davidson styling, alluring graphics, and bright shades of color on the tricycle are sure to add a little glamor to your child’s riding experience.
Recommended age: 24 months – 5 years
What we like: Solid construction, storage compartment, fun design
RELATED: 9 Best Baby Jumpers
- Tough enough for years of fun with all the features you look for in a first trike
- Great Thomas and Friends styling
- Kid friendly features: a wide, stable wheel base, easy-grip handlebars and big foot pedals
- Kids can ride smoothly with its comfort-ride seat, also lifts to reveal a secret storage compartment
- Durable tires with rugged treads for "off-road" fun
2. Fisher-Price Thomas & Friends Tough Trike
We couldn’t resist adding another piece from Fisher-Price. The Tough Trike is a cartoon-themed tricycle based on Thomas & Friends. It is made of industrial-grade plastic that can withstand heavy impacts and offer years of reliable service.
The easy-grip handlebars paired with large foot pedals help your child maintain a comfortable grip and optimal control of the bike. For added stability, the trike includes beefy wheels with a wide wheelbase.
Additionally, the wheels are fitted with rugged tires for maximum grip on rough terrain. Therefore, this trike can be used for off-road adventures.
While it may not come with a full seat, the comfort-ride seat provided still lets the little one ride cozily. You will be happy to discover that the seat can be lifted to reveal a secret storage compartment for your kid’s other toys.
Best of all, this tricycle is inexpensive and easy to maintain since the plastic wheels won’t pop off or get punctured.
Recommended age: 24 months – 5 years
What we like: Easy assembly, storage compartment, bigger size for older kids
RELATED: 10 Best Baby Walkers
- Designed with a retro look and a steel trike frame, a low center of gravity makes it easy to ride and perfect for young riders
- Adjustable sculpted seat moves forwards and backwards with five lock in positions, making it ideal for growing legs or different family members
- The rear deck is made of genuine wood with burnt in Schwinn logo, while the scalloped chrome fenders provide a fashionable ride
- Take to the streets in style with mustache style cruiser bars and a classic bike bell. Flowing fabric tassels make this a great gift for kids who love classic biker style
- Comes ready to be assembled, To ensure proper fit the child's minimum measurement from the lower back to the floor needs to be at minimum of 18-inches to be able to reach full pedal extension
3. Schwinn Roadster Tricycle
Schwinn boasts immense experience and knowledge in the development of top-quality bikes. This retro-style tricycle for toddlers is no exception. The sturdy steel frame is evidence of durability and resilience that will stand up to a lifetime of vigorous riding.
The genuine wood used for the rear deck featuring a burnt-in Schwinn logo and the scalloped chrome fenders add a touch of style. You also can’t help but notice the classic bike bell and mustache-style cruiser bars that give the trike a vintage look.
Plus, how clever of Schwinn to make the sculpted seat adjustable! To ensure a comfortable riding stance for your little one, you can move the seat forward or backward into any of the five lock-in positions.
Moreover, the air tires will make it easier to ride over potholes or irregular surfaces. They also give the kid more comfort, and better control of the bike.
You should also note that the Schwinn Roadster Kids’ Tricycle comes in an assortment of bright colors so you can choose the color that best suits your little one. Not to mention, the manufacturer stands by its product with a limited lifetime warranty.
Recommended age: 1 – 4 years
What we like: Wide wheel base for stability, sturdy metal frame, fun retro look
- CLASSIC RIDE: This tricycle is great for beginner riders. It offers convenience, comfort, and fun! The quiet ride tires provide a smooth ride
- FUN FOR KIDS: The Pink Rider Trike has a covered storage bin so kids can bring their favorite treasures along for every ride, or find new treasures on their adventure
- CONVENIENT FOR PARENTS: With an adult hand grip on the seat back, the Pink Rider Trike can easily be transported.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: The adjustable seat allows this tricycle to grow with your toddler from ages 2 ½ to 5 years
- SPECIFICATIONS: Assembled product dimensions: 26.4” L x 19.9” W x 19.7” H. Maximum weight capacity 49 lbs
4. Radio Flyer Pink Rider Trike
Radio Flyer is one brand that provides kids with bikes and play items worth drooling over. And, they nailed it again with this Pink Rider Trike. As the name indicates, the trike comes in pink, but you can also select it in red at a similar price.
This trike is designed with a steel frame that will hold up to long years of abuse while still being lightweight. It also comes with rugged pedals sporting a wide platform that offers a comfortable foot-grip.
The tires on the bike offer a quiet ride even on rough terrain, while the front wheel is fitted with a splash guard to help keep your little one’s clothes clean as they play.
As your kid grows, you can set the adjustable seat to meet their needs. Also, the seat includes an adult handgrip that makes it easy to lift and transport the trike. Moreover, there is a covered storage bin at the back for your kid’s toys, snacks, and other important items.
Recommended age: 30 months – 5 years
What we like: Covered storage compartment, easy to transport
RELATED: 9 Best Go-Karts for Kids
- ☺RECOMMENDED AGES: 10 Month - 3 years old. We recommend 10-24 months baby to use three-wheel mode. 2-3 years old baby uses two-wheel balance bike mode. Best 3 in 1 design tricycle and balance bike...
- ☺EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Our baby bike just need to install the handlebar and seat within minutes according to the instructions of the manual. Compared with other tricycles, XJD tricycle has an additional...
- ☺STURDY AND COMFORTABLE: Trikes for toddler has safety carbon steel frame, durable widen silent wheels, strong enough for riding indoor or outdoor. Soft handle grips and seat make kids' comfortable...
- ☺LEARN TO STEER: Our toddler bike is the best birthday gift for baby to learn how to ride a bike. Excellent indoor baby walker toy develops kids balance and helps kids gain balance, steering,...
- ☺SAFETY GUARANTY: Fully enclosed wheel avoid clamping baby's feet. XJD kids bike has been passed safety testings required, all the materials and design are safe for kids, please feel assured to...
5. XJD 3-in-1 Toddler Tricycle with Adjustable Seat
If we could recommend a great training tricycle for your child, then it would be this XJD tricycle. What sets it apart from its competition is its foldable design with removable pedals that let you convert the tricycle into a two-wheeled balance bike.
This clever design makes it ideal for training your child to improve their balance as they grow. You don’t even have to buy a new balance bike. Besides that, the foldable design doesn’t take up much space in storage.
As for the construction, it features a sturdy carbon steel frame that can even handle an adult’s weight. The wheels are equipped with EVA foam tires that provide the required cushioning and grip.
That’s not all! You can also adjust the angle of the handlebar to suit the preference of the little one (35° or 90° forward and 35°or 90° backward). What’s more, the saddle is made of soft PU leather, and you can adjust it to provide a comfortable fit for the toddler.
The bike is easy to assemble and you can also rely on the instruction manual provided to put it together.
Recommended age: 10 months – 3 years
What we like: Great design for smaller kids, easy to configure to a balance bike
- 🏅Wider Use Ages: 10 Month to 4 Years Old. This upgraded tricycle has an enlarged body size so that can be used for a wider range of ages. One besrey bike can meet your kid's all requirements at...
- 🏅Upgrade 5-IN-1: 1:Tricycle without pedals (learn to walk) 2: Baby walker without pedal (learn to walk stage 2) 3:Tricycle with pedals (learn to ride) 4: Baby walker with pedals (Learn to ride...
- 🏅Double Care: We specially adopted a Curved Carbon Steel Frame Structure + No Edges Design, which can buffer the transmission of vibration and vibration and minimize the risk of injury during...
- 🏅Easy to Install & Use: The structure frame is simple, just refer to the attached manual, you can easily assemble it in a few minutes. One-click deformation, quick-disassembly pedal allows kids...
- 🏅Sturdy & Safe: The sturdy carbon steel frame makes the tricycle stable and durable. The limited 120° steering of the non-slip armrests can prevent rollover, and the widened and completely...
6. Besrey 5-in-1 Toddler Bike
Another trike that caught our attention is the Besrey 5-in-1 Toddler Bike. The 5-in-1 design lets you convert it into a tricycle (with or without pedals), a baby walker (with or without pedals), or a two-wheeled balance bike.
You can quickly detach or reattach the parts with the simple click of the buttons located near the detachable parts. The handlebar is also adjustable, and you can move it either forward or backward to allow for maximum comfort for your young one.
The curved carbon steel frame structure with zero edges adds to its durability and robustness, while also eliminating the risk of minor injuries in case they crash.
Also, the plastic wheels are completely enclosed so your baby’s feet don’t get caught on the spokes.
The manufacturer wants to ensure sufficient grip, cushioning, and safety for your baby with the anti-slip EVA Foam tires. Comfort is further enhanced by the soft PU leather seat.
Overall, the assembly process is straightforward and requires no special tools or skills. There are also multiple color options to choose from.
Recommended age: 10 months – 4 years
What we like: Sturdy design, smooth finish with no hard edges, can be adjusted simply and quickly
- 4-in-1 trike adjusts as your child grows. For 10 months+ to 44 pounds
- Extra-large 10" front wheel for easy mobility on several terrains
- Parent push handle is removable and height adjustable from 32.5 to 38 inches
- 3-position adjustable seat accommodates a growing child, shoulder and seat pads are removable and washable
- Large UVF 50 canopy provides sun protection, includes a cup holder and rear storage basket
7. Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 Kids Tricycle First Trike
If you can afford to splurge on a toddler tricycle, then why not go for the Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 Kid’s Push Tricycle?! To offer value for money, this pick comes with more frills than an ordinary tricycle.
Despite being a trike, this unit very well serves the purpose of a baby stroller.
It comes with a large UVF 50 canopy that can be enlarged as needed to protect the little one from the sun. It also includes a detachable push handle with an adjustable height to match the needs of the parent.
Comfort and safety are qualities this trike boasts in abundance thanks to the included soft padded seat and 5-point safety harness. It is worth mentioning that the pads are removable and machine washable.
You can attach the pedals when your child is ready for them, but feel free to lock them in place to keep them from spinning when you need to revert to pushing your kid.
Extra convenient features on this trike include a front cup holder, footrest, and a rear-positioned storage basket.
Plus, it comes with rubber wheels that provide a smooth ride on almost any terrain. You will also appreciate that there are multiple color options to choose from.
Recommended age: 10 months – 5 years
What we like: Padded seat and straps, large sun shade, can be controlled by parent or child
- FUN AND SKILL BUILDING! Bike riding is so much fun for every Toddler- and it has so many benefits! Great for learning balance, coordination and improving fine motor skills. Your child is exercising-...
- GROWS WITH YOU! These Adjustable High Bounce Bikes are a great investment for your 3-6 year old girls and boys- because it has an adjustable seat that grows with you! The adjustable seat ensures your...
- RIDE SAFELY! Trikes Feature a Colorful Kid Friendly Design- Without Compromising on Safety! Bike comes with both pedals and a foot rest so children can advance as their pedaling skills grow. Straps...
- RIDE IN STYLE! This tricycle was designed with both Parents and toddlers in mind! The Push Handle Features a cup holder, and there is a basket for storage. Classic Colors and a smart metal model...
- SUPER EASY ASSEMBLY! Trike comes with an easy to follow instruction guide, and its so simple to put together the parts. Your child will be ready to cycle down the road in under 10 minutes!
8. High Bounce Sports Extra Tall Tricycle
You can’t go wrong if you decide to choose this sporty-looking tricycle from High Bounce. It’s built to last with an alloy steel frame that promises decades of defiance to breakage and premature wear.
The seat is spacious and offers decent back support to the little one. It’s also adjustable so it can grow with your child. The EVA tires are a welcome advantage on the trail since they are great at maintaining a firm grip, while at the same time providing a smooth ride.
The slip-resistant foot pedals are on the larger side for better foot control and easier riding. If your little one still needs a little help to propel themselves, you will be delighted to know that you can steer them using the ergonomic push handle provided.
You will also find front and back-mounted storage trays, and a convenient bell. And, if you care about color, the manufacturer offers this piece in an assortment of colors, including pink, blue, and red.
Recommended age: 3 years and up
What we like: Sturdy metal frame, higher seat makes for easier pedaling
- MADE FOR KIDS – Going from a push tricycle for infants to a full toddler tricycle suitable from 15 months to 3 year old, the smarTrike Breeze 3 in 1 tricycle was designed to help your baby develop...
- MADE FOR PARENTS – Stroll and trike with ease using our effortless Touch Steering technology, and hand over directional control to your child in an instant.
- INCREASED SAFETY – This kids' tricycle ensures a worry and stress-free ride for all. Featuring a safety bar, an adjustable 3-point harness and patented shock absorber to keep baby secured while...
- MULTI AWARD-WINNING BRAND – With over 20, 000, 000 happy families in over 80 countries worldwide, the Zoom tricycle is an all-time favorite from smarTrike, a multi-patent industry-leading brand.
- WE GOT YOU COVERED - Purchase with confidence thanks to our 2-year program and our all-star customer care team.
9. smarTrike Breeze Toddler Tricycle
With its ability to convert from a push tricycle for infants to a full tricycle for older kids, this tricycle from smarTrike also deserves a spot on our list. At first glance, you will notice the ergonomically shaped handle featuring Touch Steering technology.
You only need to use one hand to steer your child in the direction you please. Your kid can rest their feet on the foldable footrest provided as you steer them. The built-in front wheel shock absorber ensures your kid always has a smooth ride.
The unit is also built for safety with a high-back seat that’s equipped with a 3-point safety harness. The seat is enclosed in a safety bar to keep your baby secured in their seat when you’re on the move.
When your child is ready to pedal, you can rely on the non-slip pedals fitted on the front wheels to provide a firm grip. The training pedals have two modes: cycling mode and child control mode.
You can let the little one propel themselves when it’s on cycling mode. However, when you need to take control, you only need to move down the red child-control button on the front wheel and turn the wheels by 180° to lock the pedals.
Recommended age: 15 months – 3 years
What we like: Foot rest for little ones who can’t reach the pedals, can be parent- or child-controlled, easy to assemble
Tricycles are safe toys for kids who are looking to have fun with their friends whenever they go to the park or play outdoors. The added stability of the third wheel makes the rider feel safe and confident on the road.
With time they will be able to transition to either a balance bike or a two-wheeled bike without training wheels.
We have shared with you the best toddler tricycles available on the market and spared you the agony of learning from your own mistakes after landing on a faulty trike. Grab one and let us know if your toddler loved riding it!