One of my favorite Black Friday deals is one that will actually earn you money! Open a Capital One 360 Checking account (it’s easy!) and you can earn a whopping $125 bonus – the biggest checking bonus of the year that they offer! Additionally, you can earn a $75 bonus when you open a Capital One 360 Savings Account! That means you have the opportunity to earn $200 in bonuses – but it’s good only through this weekend!
We personally took advantage of the checking bonus a couple years ago – first let me explain how to get the deal, and then I’ll share a bit more about how we’ve used our Capital One 360 account.
How to get the $125 Capital One 360 Checking Account Bonus
- Open a fee-free 360 Checking account between November 29th and December 2nd. Please note that this has to be your first 360 Checking account.
- Make a total of 5 debit card purchases (either signature or PIN-based) or 5 CheckMate SM deposits* (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
- Your $125 bonus will be automatically deposited to your account on day 50!
- The set up for this account can all be done online and is a very straight-forward, quick process – you can fund it with as little or as much as you’d like
*CheckMate deposits can be done with a mobile phone! Just take a picture of your check with your camera, phone, or scanner and upload it to Capital One 360 – no trips to the bank or ATM!
How to get the $75 Capital One 360 Savings Account Bonus
- Open a no-fee 360 Savings account between November 29th and December 2nd and snag $75. Please note that this has to be your first 360 savings account and it needs to have a $500 initial deposit or more.
- You’ll start earning interest on day 1, but you can’t withdraw on the interest for at least 30 days.
- The APY for this account is 0.75%, effective 11/29
- The set up for this account can all be done online and is a very straight-forward, quick process
Provided you’ve never opened a Capital One 360 checking or Capital One 360 savings, you could stand to earn an easy $200 off both offers!
How we use the Capital One 360 Checking Account
What I love about Capital One 360 – everything is very simple, and our account is easily managed online. It’s actually not our primary financial institution – so we use it as a great place to set money aside for our emergency fund and taxes.
Within Capital One 360’s user-friendly interface, you can easily set up external transfers – either one-time or recurring. I currently have a recurring amount that moves from our primary financial institution to our Capital One 360 account once per month, to coincide with one of my husband’s paychecks. To be honest, I have found we’ve been more successful with saving money this way because it’s out of sight, out of mind. It’s easy enough to get to if/when we need it, but not too accessible to tempt us!
Other things I’ve appreciated about Capital One:
- No fees. This truly is a no-fee account – no monthly fees, no overdraft fees. It’s a very simple, straight-forward account.
- FDIC insured. Your deposits are FDIC insured up to $100,000.
- Solid online banking interface. I think Capital One 360 has one of the cleanest, simplest online banking platforms I’ve dealt with (and I used to work in a bank!).
- Great customer service. On the rare occasions I’ve needed to call Capital One 360 regarding my accounts, I was able to reach a real person very quickly and everyone has been extremely knowledgeable and friendly to deal with.
While it might seem like a different offer to think about this Black Friday weekend, I encourage you to consider opening a Capital One 360 Checking and/or Savings account! I have totally seen the benefit from having a second checking account at a second financial institution like this, and the $125 bonus is the best they’ve offered all year!
The checking and savings offers are good through December 2nd only! Head to Capital One 360 to learn more and get started.