Today I wanted to share with you a recap of the Coins & Coupons event I did with Coinstar and a few lucky Coupon Project readers.
To demonstrate how convenient and easy it is to stretch your coins at Coinstar, five winners were randomly selected to join me at Albertsons. Each winner was able to invite a guest and each participant was given $40 in coins. We then all got to redeem these for Albertsons gift cards through the in-store Coinstar kiosk. After that, we went shopping (of course!), stretching our coins even more by shopping sales and using coupons.
Here are some highlights:
- Coinstar offers no-fee options! Many people are familiar with Coinstar – dump the coins in and you can redeem for cash. However, there is a 9.8% fee assessed for this service. But did you know that you can redeem your coins for retailer gift cards through the Coinstar kiosks, too? And, when you select this option there is NO FEE! You get 100% value of your coins for retailers you know and trust including Amazon, Lowe’s, iTunes, Overstock and more.*
- Coinstar is offering a Ginormous Fill-up Contest. Right now, when you cash in $10 or more at your local Coinstar machine, you can be entered to win many great prizes, including free groceries for a year! Learn more about the Ginormous Fill-up Contest at Coinstar.
- Coinstar can easily fit your lifestyle! If you already have a jar of coins left over from your shopping trips, how easy it is to exchange them for a gift card every few months to help out with your grocery or holiday shopping?
- Watch for special offers. When you’re at your Coinstar kiosk, make sure to see what current offers are available. Sometimes these offers will stretch your coins even more.
* Retailers may vary by location and are subject to change at any time. You can also see what offers are available at your Coinstar location.
For more on how this event went, check out the video that Coinstar assembled below! In the video, you’ll see me share more about Coinstar and how the no-fee options work, as well as hear from some of the Coupon Project readers that attended that day.
Ready to learn more about Coinstar? You can visit them online to learn about all their free coin counting options, find a Coinstar location near you, or set up a free Coinstar account to track your coin redemption. I also encourage you to follow Coinstar on Facebook for updates on promotions and giveaways.
Thanks to Coinstar for sponsoring this fun event, and thank you to all the readers that took time out of their day to join me! A final thanks also to Kendra, manager of the Milton Albertsons, for allowing us to have the event at her store. Much appreciated!
Disclosure: this was a sponsored event by Coinstar. All opinions expressed are my own.