Last night, Nina excitedly messaged me to tell me that the Fred Meyer Friends and Family Pass was back! This one is good starting today, August 1st and running through Monday, August 6th. While I waited to share the news here today, Nina made the announcement on our Instagram page yesterday. (You really, really need to follow us on Instagram if you aren’t already!) This Pass essentially gives you the same discount as associates and covers a wide range of departments (more on that in a minute). It also has much fewer exclusions than other store coupons. We only see the Pass issued 2-3 times per year (usually we’ll see it again Novemberish), so I definitely encourage you to take advantage of the rare savings!
Here’s what you need to know. In order to get the discount, you must print and bring the pass or show it on your device. You won’t find them at your store near the ads, and you may or may not get lucky if you ask your cashier or customer service. You can use the Pass as often as you like, and I suggest you do!
The Pass entitles you to the following discounts:
- 10% off Home Electronics & Private Brand Food (think Simple Truth, Private Selection, Country Oven, etc.)
- 15% off Home Department (includes home items, toys, school & office supplies, sporting goods, auto & garden)
- 20% off Apparel, Shoes & Accessories
- 20% off Fine Jewelry
- 10% off Diamond Solitaire Rings, Earrings & Select Watches
The one difference that I’m seeing from years past is that this Pass doesn’t seem to include 10% on the Nutrition Center. Bummer! The good news is that you can use the Pass on top of other coupons, including digital & store coupons and manufacturer’s coupons. For instance, this week there is a Home coupon:
To be clear, if you purchase something in the Home department, you can use this coupon AND the Pass. The Pass works on clearance, sale & regular merchandise and brands that are commonly excluded, such as Nike. I will do my best to get to the store and give you some added ideas of how to use it. In the meantime, here are a few deal ideas to get you started….
- Load your Rewards card up with Simple Truth digital coupons and then save an extra 10% on these items!
- Complete your back-to-school shopping and take advantage of those Priceblaster items. The pass will save you an extra 15% on school supplies and 20% on apparel! (Any school supplies that aren’t Priceblaster would also work with the 10% off Home coupon.)
- Look for those half-off toys and save an extra 15% with the Pass and an extra 10% with the Home coupon.
I’d love to hear your ideas for using the Pass and your great shopping tips! Also, if you’ve got a question – fire away. We’re here to help.