Did you know that there are certain days during the year that you can gain free entrance into Washington State Parks? This can be a good opportunity to plan a day trip with the family and enjoy the great outdoors!
Here are the free Washington State Parks entry days for 2019:
- January 1st — First Day Hikes; New Year’s Day
- January 21st — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- March 19th — State Park’s 106th birthday
- April 20th — Spring day
- April 22nd — Earth Day
- June 1st — National Trails Day
- June 8th — National Get Outdoors Day
- June 9th – Fishing Day
- August 25th — National Park Service 103rd Birthday
- September 28th — National Public Lands Day
- November 11th— Veterans Day
- November 29th — Autumn day
These are days in which a Discover Pass is not required to visit a state park. A Discover Pass costs $30 (annual) or $10 (one-day). For more information on the free entrance days as well as the participating parks, please visit the Washington State Parks website. Also, there are several Puget Sound-area libraries that are offering Discover Passes for checkout.
You may also be interested in reading about Free National Parks Entrance Days for more opportunities for family fun.