In 2009, I had one resolution: start a blog.
I had been a freelance copywriter, but I really wanted to write for myself, and on my own terms. I remember asking my Facebook friends “anyone know how to start a blog?” and was met with crickets. So, I went to the library (yes, please don’t laugh!) and checked out some books on the topic. A few days later, I launched my blog and started to write about how to use coupons and different deals I was finding. It’s funny, but I don’t really remember how it evolved past just having a few friends and my mom reading it, but it did.
And here I am, February 2019, 10 years later! In terms of the web and blogging, that is a long time. I’ve seen a lot of bloggers come and go in that time frame.
Since then I’ve had a lot of adventures:
- I’ve met some pretty incredible people – like Jen & Sia from Thrifty NW Mom, Angela & Melody from Frugal Living NW, Christy from Thrifty & Thriving, and Heather from Queen Bee Coupons. (These ladies are still very much part of my network and I just reached out to them this morning with a blogging issue I was having!)
- I’ve got to visit some pretty cool places. I’ve been to Denver, Las Vegas, New York City, and San Francisco for blogging events. Locally, I’ve visited the Goodwill of Pierce County headquarters, toured Grocery Outlets all over the West, taught couponing and other classes for the News Tribune and several local non-profits.
- I’ve watched the evolution of TLC’s Extreme Couponing, and watched the aftermath as stores and manufacturers buttoned down their policies.
- I’d like to think I’ve evolved (at least in part) with what you, my readers want out of saving money.
- Over the years, I’ve had a team of wonderful people who have helped behind the scenes and in developing content for the blog. Today, I’m so happy to have Laura and Nina still helping regularly to this end. (Read a little bit about them here!)
- All told, we’ve published over 15,000 posts to this site! That’s an average of 1,500 posts per year.
But of course, all of these would not be possible without you – readers! So, I wanted to take the time out to thank everyone who’s followed along for any amount of time. Thank you for sharing and commenting on our posts. Thank you for taking the time to send your emails and deals. I have really appreciated having you be a part of this journey.
Enter the Giveaway
Update: a winner has been selected! Congrats to Jennifer W. She writes:
My favorite posts are the Fred Meyer deals- I always check the blog before heading to the grocery store. Thanks for all the deals! I particularly love the diaper deals!
Thank you to Jennifer and everyone else who took the time to enter the contest.
As a thank you for your support the last 10 years, I am going to give one lucky Coupon Project reader a $100 Amazon Gift Card! Entering is easy, and you can enter up to two times.
- Leave a comment on THIS blog post. For fun, I’ve love to hear how you found my blog, how long you’ve been following, and/or what your favorite post(s) have been .
- For a second (optional) entry: follow us on Instagram. Then come back to this blog post and leave a second comment letting us know you’ve done so!
You may only enter up to twice per person – any extra entries will be deleted. The contest will close on Friday, February 15th at 12pm PST. I will then will randomly select a winner from all comments left. The winner will be notified by Friday evening using the email address provided on the comment form (so please DO use an email address you actually check). If winner does not respond within 24 hours, a new winner will be selected. The Amazon Gift Card will come by email, shortly after winner has been verified.
If you have questions, please email me at angela @ thecouponproject dot com.