Got a library card? Then you’re going to want to pay attention to this post! Kanopy is a movie streaming system that gives you access to thousands of films for free, thanks to your library membership.
I decided to take a few minutes out to learn more and set up my own account. Here’s how it works:
- Head on over to Kanopy to create your free account.
- You will be prompted to search for your library system (there are thousands of eligible systems, including universities).
- Verify your account via the email you are sent.
Once I was in (took just a couple minutes), I was told that my library account entitles me to the following:
- I can view up to 5 films per month.
- Once I start a film, I’ll have 3 days to complete it.
- Each month resets on the first day of the month.
There are lots of films to choose from including documentaries, classics, plus kid-friendly films.
Kanopy can be streamed over your computer, or via a device such as AppleTV, Roku, Chromcast or FireTV. To learn more or get started, head on over to Kanopy!