There is an exciting event taking place this weekend at Main & Vine (Gig Harbor) that I wanted to make sure you knew about! On Saturday and Sunday (Aug 13 & 14) between the hours of 11am and 4pm, they will have a team on hand to roast up hatch chiles on site!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase your hatch chiles at Main & Vine (they are on sale for $1.49/lb right now).
- Next, take your chiles to the roaster, which will be located just outside the store.
- There is no additional cost to have your chiles roasted.
What to do with roasted chiles, you ask? Well, a quick trip around Pinterest yielded many delicious ideas including chile rellenos, queso dip, soups, and much more. The Main & Vine ad also suggests this quick and easy recipe:
Hatch Chile, Grape & Grilled Onion Salsa
Makes: 2 cups
3 Hatch Chiles, roasted on the grill
2 Onions, sliced into thick rounds, grilled and finely chopped
1 1/2 cups Red Grapes, washed and dried
- Place peppers, hot from the grill, in a pot and cover; the peppers will steam in their own heat. Peel off the skin, remove stems and seeds, chop finely and add to a medium-sized bowl. Add grilled onions.
- Remove stems from grapes and quarter. Add to bowl with peppers and onions, and stir gently to combine. Serve with roasted meats or chips.
You can also freeze them to enjoy your roasted chiles for later.
If you’ve not had a chance to check out Main & Vine, this would be a superb opportunity. I encourage you to check out the store review post I published a week ago to learn a little more about what to expect. Also, check out my favorite current Main & Vine deals!