Local readers, if you have children in the Tacoma Public School district, you are eligible for the Whole Access Pass through Metro Parks! I have shared this in the past, but felt it was worth mentioning again. Essentially, Tacoma Public Schools has worked out a group discount with Metro Parks so kids and their families can receive access to activities and learning that will support their education including museums, lessons, memberships, and more.
I know we are moving to the end of the year, but many of the benefits would be perfect to use through the summer.
The Pass entitles you to a whole host of discounts and benefits, including:
- $10 of a Tacoma Nature Center Family Membership
- FREE Picnic Kit Rental with any 2019 Point Defiance Shelter Rental
- 25% off Boat or Kayak Rental
- 50% off Northwest Trek Admission
- $3 off Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium Admission (here are other ways to save at the zoo)
- 10% off swim lessons
- 10% off classes
- Discounts on Metro Parks races
- Much, much more. (You can see this page at Metro Parks for the entire list of perks!)
Now, I bet you’re wondering what you need to do to get this pass! While it is free, there are a few things you’ll need to do:
- Print and fill out the Whole Access Pass Child form.
- Submit the form to your child’s Tacoma Public School.
- You will receive a card from Metro Parks identifying them as a Whole Access Pass child.
- Use the pass to save money at Metro Parks!
I know we are moving to the end of the year, but many of the benefits would be perfect to use through the summer. For more information, please see Metro Parks.