The Washington State Fair Spring Fair is coming! This year, it will be April 11 – 14. (In case you’re wondering, yes, this was formerly called the Puyallup Spring Fair.)
We attended the Spring Fair once a few years back and I loved it! It’s got a lot of focus on gardening and the crowds are definitely more tolerable than the bigger fair which takes place in September. There aren’t as many exhibits or rides open, but it’s also a less exhausting experience for little ones. In some ways, I actually prefer it!
If you are planning a trip, you might be interested to know about some of the ways you can save.
Deals & Discounts on Tickets
- Get Discount Tickets through Goldstar. Right now Goldstar is offering discount tickets for the lowest price currently available, even considering service fees! These will most likely sell out quickly, so don’t delay if you’re interested.
- Pre-Purchase your Tickets Online. Through April 10th only, you can save money on the price of tickets by pre-purchasing them online. An adult ticket is $10 or child’s ticket for $8 (versus $12 and $10, respectively). Kids 5 and under are always free. These tickets can be redeemed for any day of the Spring Fair.
- Free Kids’ Admission Day. On Thursday, April 11th from 2 pm – 10 pm, kids 0-18 can get free admission with a suggested non-perishable food donation. Note that kids 5 and under are always FREE. You can also get a discount on rides on this day – pay $19 for six rides, no coupon necessary.
- Buy Discount Tickets at Participating Retailers. Some retailers (such as Fred Meyer, Albertsons, and Safeway) will offer discounted tickets while supplies last. The prices are the same as if you buy online – $10 for adults, $8 for kids. Please see TheFair.com for a list of participating retailers. This is a great opportunity to save even if you miss the early bird discount as they’re offered clear up until the final day of the fair.
- Military Appreciation Day. Friday, April 12th is Military Appreciation Day which means FREE admission for all active, retired and reserve military and their dependents! Please make sure to bring your valid Military ID with you to take advantage. For more details, see TheFair.com.
Deals & Discounts on Rides
- Quack Pack Family Bundle. For $72, you can get two adult admissions, two student admissions, and 120 ride tickets. This is a $104 value and is available by purchasing online by April 10th only.
- Ride & Game FunCard. Buy a Ride & Game FunCard with 120 tickets and you’ll pay $50 (a $60 value). You can also get a 40-ticket card for $20.
Deals & Discounts on Shows
- Motorsport Mayhem. Get two adult tickets and two student tickets for $62 (up to $22 savings) when you buy online in advance (by April 11th only). This family 4-pack includes gate admission.
Other Deals & Discounts
- FREE Parking! Did you know that parking for the Spring Fair on Thursday is completely FREE in most of the official lots? If you prefer, you can buy premium parking for $10 (but personally, I’m all over the free parking!). Note that this year Friday, Saturday, and Sunday parking is $10 (last year Friday was also free – bummer!).
- Designated Drivers get free Coca-Cola. Head to any bar service location and pledge to be the designated driver to receive a free Coca-Cola, courtesy of Budweiser. See TheFair.com for details.
Given the reduced admission prices and free parking, you might find attending the Spring Fair is a less expensive alternative to the September version! For more information on planning your trip, getting there, or things to do, please see TheFair.com.
Here’s a bonus tip, from yours truly!
If you want to eat at the Fair, consider doing so in the kiddie area! Not only are the prices much lower and the selections kid-friendly, but the lines are also usually non-existent!
Will you be attending the Spring Fair? Any other tips you might share?