I don’t know about you, but I far prefer to take care of taxes sooner rather than later! For over 10 years now, I’ve used TurboTax and it’s always been easy and reliable for me. I wanted to share the benefits of selecting TurboTax for your taxes this year:
- It’s FREE to prepare & print! You can do all your tax preparation and print it out for free! If you have a very simple tax situation, you can even file for free. E-filing starts at $29.95 for a deluxe edition and you can pay when you file – you can even just have the fee deducted from your refund, if you prefer.
- Work on it when/as you can. Typically, I’ll start my taxes about this time and just add to it as I get new information. In my opinion, this is so much more convenient than trying to gather up everything to haul into an accountant or a tax reporting service.
- Extremely user friendly. You don’t have to be savvy about taxes to use TurboTax! Just answer the questions – it will walk you through step-by-step. If you prefer, you can also explore deductions and other items on your own.
- See your refund in “real time”! One of my favorite features about TurboTax is that it will estimate your tax refund for every item you enter! In my case, we usually owe taxes due to my business, so it’s also helpful to estimate what that figure is going to be as I make entries.
- It saves your data. With your FREE TurboTax account, your past tax filings will be saved and available to you. You can also download and print them! Even better, it will remember your past year’s data for future tax returns. For instance, when I go in to create my 2015 taxes, it will remind me about my 2014 situation and ask if specific situations still apply.
- It can handle “weird” stuff. When I started my business a few years back, I assumed I’d have to visit an accountant. However, I was surprised to see how easy TurboTax Home & Office is to use! There’s a place to enter your personal and business data. It’s all very straightforward and I just pay $74.99 for this special version versus hiring an accountant. We’ve also encountered unusual situations in the past with our taxes – but TurboTax was able to handle them all!
Every year I’ve used TurboTax, I’ve selected e-file and I’ve never ever had an issue. In years we were eligible for a refund, we had the money direct deposited to our account usually within 2 weeks. It’s very slick and I recommend it no matter how financially competent you’d consider yourself.
Still not sure?
Here are a couple comments I got from readers last year when I shared TurboTax.
I just used TurboTax for the first time yesterday. It was so easy to use! I was done in about an hour and I think it was even more thorough than the tax preparation place I went to last year. They charged me over $300!!! I am so glad I went this route and seeing as how our refund is practically the same as it was last year I feel that TurboTax is just as accurate.
I’ve used TurboTax for the past 6 years. It’s super easy and walks you step by step through things. I love the fact that it imports last year’s information right over to the new year which limits the exposure for mistakes.
Being a military family, it was free for us this year so I can’t really complain. It takes care of all the forms that we are required to file and much, much cheaper than when I used a brick and mortar filing company.
The last time I sat at a desk of one of those companies, it cost me almost $300. I came home and compared my filing on TurboTax and it matched exactly. I refuse to pay that kind of money for someone to “key” in some numbers. I’m more than capable of doing that myself.
If you’re still not sure if TurboTax will work for you, I encourage you to just sign up and give it a try. It’s free, so there’s nothing to lose. Why not make it a goal to get your taxes filed sooner this year so you can enjoy that refund sooner!
I’d love to hear your experiences with TurboTax!