Best Prices on Ham at Grocery Stores
Many people enjoy a festive ham for Easter! If you’re in the same boat, you might be interested in the best prices currently available. Around Thanksgiving, I offer a popular best turkey prices roundup, so this spring I decided to bring back a roundup for the best ham prices at Puget Sound area grocery stores.
Remember when comparing ham prices, that there are different cuts of ham. To make this easier for you, I’ve organized my post by ham type as opposed to store.
We typically see the best ham prices during Easter and Christmas. Here’s a little context of the best prices we’ve seen in recent years:
- 2016 Christmas Season: $1.47/lb
- 2017 Easter Season: $1.37/lb
- 2017 Christmas Season: $1.27/lb
- 2018 Easter Season: $1.27/lb
- 2018 Easter Season: $1.27/lb
- 2019 Easter Season: $1.27/lb
It’s absolutely worth mentioning that many grocery stores will have a surplus of hams that they will mark down immediately following the holidays. I’ve found spiral sliced hams for as low as $0.99/lb. So if you dig ham, but don’t have to have it on Easter, your patience may be rewarded!
Last updated: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
My Favorite Ham Deal this Week
My favorite deal this week is Fred Meyer’s Kroger Spiral Sliced Ham for $1.27/lb. It’s a good quality ham (I know, I’ve purchased them before) at a great price. You can buy cheaper cuts of ham for less, but this is personally the deal I’d steer towards. It also matches the best price for ham we saw in the 2018 Easter season.
Best Ham Prices
- Fred Meyer: $1.27/lb Kroger Spiral Sliced Ham, Bone-in Brown Sugar or Honey (limit 2)
- Fred Meyer: $4.99/lb F.G. Meyer Flame Crafted Spiral Ham
- Fred Meyer: $1.99/1 Private Selection Spiral Sliced Ham with digital coupon + Order Pickup only. (OR: $2.99/lb in stores)
- QFC: $1.37/lb Hormel Cure 81 Spiral Ham (limit 2)
- QFC: $0.97/lb Cook’s Portion Ham, Bone-in (limit 2)
- Costco: $1.89/lb Kirkland Signature Spiral Sliced Ham (Federal Way store on 4/11 – see picture near top of post)
- Grocery Outlet: $1.29/lb Country Ribbon Spiral Bone-in Ham (pricing may differ by region, see your store’s ad for details)
- Trader Joe’s: I will check out this price soon.
- Safeway/Albertsons: $0.99/lb Signature Farms Smoked Shank Half or Whole Ham, bone-in (limit 2) – while supplies last
- Safeway/Albertsons: $1.47/lb Signature Select Spiral Sliced Ham with Natural Juice (limit 2) – while supplies last
- Target: $1.99/lb Archer Farms Spiral Sliced Honey-Glazed Ham (limit 2) – through 4/23
- Target: $1.29/lb Market Pantry Spiral Sliced Ham (limit 2) – through 4/23
- Tacoma Boys: $1.99/lb Spiral Smoked Hickory Ham – through 4/23
- HoneyBaked Ham: starting at $66-ish. You can order online at honeybakedham.com.
- Whole Foods Market: $3.99/lb Semi-Boneless Spiral Sliced Ham (Prime members only) – through 4/16
- WinCo: I will check out this price soon.
Ham Dinner Prices
Prices for pre-assembled dinners including sides. I found these up on the websites, not sure if they are for holidays 2016, or still available. I recommend you call ahead.
- Fred Meyer: $50.00 for Home Chef Ham Dinner + sides (feeds 6-8). See fredmeyer.com/preorder for more.
- QFC: $59.99 for Spiral Sliced Ham Dinner (7-9 lb) + sides (feeds 6-8). See qfc.com/preorder for more.
- Safeway/Albertsons: This part of the website is currently under maintenance. Last year, you could pay $59.99 for Spiral Sliced Ham Dinner + sides (feeds 8-10).
- Whole Foods Market: $129.99 for Maple-Mustard Ham Dinners + sides (feeds 8). See wholefoodsmarket.com/shop for more. (Pictured above)
- HoneyBaked Ham: $119.99 for Spring Dinner with Ham + sides + lemon cream cake (feeds 8). See honeybakedham.com for more. Other hams and ham dinners available, too.
Not surprisingly, this is also a very good time to score a deal on both canned and fresh pineapple as it typically accompanies ham! This year, it appears your best bet is to save on fresh pineapple. Here are the deals I’m spotting:
- Fred Meyer: Whole Pineapple $1.88 each – through 4/23
- Safeway: Whole Pineapple $1.48 each – through 4/23
Please let me know if you’re aware of a store or deal I’ve missed!
What is your favorite store to buy ham from? For those that may not purchase ham regularly – do you have any recommendations on the type/portion of ham to buy?